Thursday 28 August 2014

Liebster Award: Nominated and nominations!

After receiving my first nomination for the Liebster award i was dying of happiness, well not literally dying but i was seriously really happy! I'm sure that if i were to throw up the stuff that would come out would be liquid euphoria.


I'm really excited to get started! 

If you don't know what the Liebster award is, basically:
  •  It's an award given to new bloggers in order to welcome them to the blogosphere.
 I was nominated by the lovely Morrighan Rose at Elysian Fields Book Reviews. I'd like to thank her very much for this award! :) much appreciated! 


The rules are simple: 

1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.

2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)

3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.

4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.

5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)

6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.

7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:

8. Inform the people/blogs that you have nominated them for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).


Now let's get started! Here are the eleven questions


1. What is your favorite genre of book to read and your favorite book from that genre?

Fantasy for sure. I love to read fantasy because it gives you this kind of escape from the real world.
My favorite book is Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas, which is the third novel in the Throne of Glass series.
Heir of Fire will be released on September 2nd. Here is a link to my review!

2. If you could live in any world from a book, which would it be and why?

Hmm, that's a pretty hard question. There are so many worlds to choose from! Probably... Tril from Soulbound by Heather Brewer. Only because i'd get to be best friends with Kaya and kill graplars with bad-ass katanas! :D 
I just want to say that this book was great! Seriously, go read it. Now. There's lots of mystery and action. Just how i like it.

3. Who is your favorite fictional character of the same sex? Does this character remind you of yourself, or someone you would like to be?

Luna Lovegood! :D As you probably know (if you don't then what's wrong with you?!), Luna is a side character from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. She appears first in The order of The Phoenix(Book 5) and i positively love her. I don't really see myself in her because i'm never as calm as she is.
I'm usually all over the place.
She's just so cool. Everybody thinks she's high or something but she's actually really smart and... yeah, she's amazing.

4. Who is your favorite fictional character of the opposite sex? Why? 

mmmm. You can't make me choose! I'm torn between Chaol Westfal from Throne of Glass an George Weasley from Harry Potter :/ 
I can't pick... like, it's not possible. They're both awesome! I suppose... no, just no. I pick both of them! HA.I'm just bad-ass like that.

5. Tell me the most random fact about you. 

Wait, am I not supposed to give you 11 facts already? I'm cutting this from the others! Hmph, i'm not about to give up free information! 

 If I don't like a book's cover i probably won't read it.

I know, I know. Don't judge a book by it's cover... but come on. If you had to choose between this:



Or these:
Actually...One second thought. I'd probably read the zombie raccoons book Because hey, they're zombie raccoons! 

6. When did you start your blog, and why?

I started about a month ago... mainly because i was bored :/ Is that a bad thing? xD

7. If an alien invasion started tomorrow and you had to hide in a bomb shelter, name three things you would bring with you. 

Aside from the clothes i'm wearing? Probably food, water and matches.

8. How many books do you own? (Physical and e-books included)

Really? ...*sigh* Now i have to count all my Ebooks... this is going to take a while.

168 books. That's actually less than i expected! Hmm, that means i should get more *goes to goodreads*

9. If you could pick one supernatural trait to have, what would it be?

Like..ANY supernatural trait? um..compulsion would be kinda awesome. Jup, compulsion it is. I could just compel the whole world to love me :D and i could compel you to comment on this post! *wink wink* *nudge nudge* You should leave a comment!

10. What is your all-time favorite book or series?

Harry Potter. 

That's self explanatory.

11. What book are you most anticipating reading, whether it not be released yet, or you just haven't gotten around to it?

I can't wait to read A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sara J. Maas. She's currently one of my favorite authors and has never ceased to amaze me with her novels... Plus it's a Beauty and The Beast retelling! Whohoo! :D Oh, and it will be released on may 5th 2015! I can't wait!


Next up are 10 facts about bee! 

  1. I sniff books. What? It's pretty addicting *sniffs book* Hmmmm....
  2. Every now and then i get a reader's block and have to take a break from reading for at least 4 days :/
  3. I have a dog! ^.^ Her name is Bruna and she's like the most annoying and stupid thing ever. I love her :D 
  4. The letter "H" is missing from my keyboard. I know, so interesting huh?
  5. Green candy is always the best. If you can pick a color candy; always take green.
  6. I love Muse and Green Day :D 
  7. I don't have a favorite color
  8. I procrastinate waaaaay too much :/ It's a bad habbit.
  9. I like to dance to rock music and sing along when i'm home alone... after making sure that all windows and doors are shut tightly xD
  10. I have read through the night multiple times... for example the vampire academy series? Yeah, i read all 6 books in 2 days. 48 hours of reading. non stop... It was bad. And i drank too much coffee.

11 questions for my nominees!

  1. There's a fire in your room! You only have time to grab one book and make a run for the door, which book is it?
  2. Say, you get to interview any  author, either alive or dead, who would it be?
  3. A new Twilight spin-off will be made! Love it or hate it? Why?
  4. A cheesy romance novel or a toe-curling horror story?
  5. Pure, milk or white chocolate? Why?
  6. Honestly, do you reply to every review request you get?
  7. Did you ever stop reading a book because it was "too much"?
  8. What's the worst book you have ever read?
  9. What book do you want to see as a movie? Which actor should play the main character?
  10. What do you like the most about blogging so far?
  11. Have you learned anything since you started your blog? If so, what did you learn?

Now, here are my 5 nominees! You've all earned it!



Lots of luck,
Bee


No comments:

Post a Comment